Monday, October 20, 2008

The past couple of weeks.

The past few weeks, I have not been keeping up with my blog, That's really do to the fact that I have had so much intense mandarin learning, that I have really not had the time. So, it wont happen again, but it was not through a lack of effort. Anyways.

I have made a lot of progress these past couple of weeks. My tone pronunciation is very good, and I'm beefing up my vocabulary as well. The writing portion is a little more difficult, due mostly to the intense amount of time it takes to practice the different strokes. With regards to finding and practicing with a tutor, I have located a senior at Emory who is fluent in writing and speaking. I am going to set a for sure time once a week for myself to go to Emory and meet with him. Tomorrow, I will set up my study plan for the week.

1 comment:

CMCEnglish said...

I know you've been working!

What (translated into English) can you say? Do your lessons teach you phrases, or do you learn individual vocabulary words that you are now piecing together to make sentences?