I thought that it would be useful to find an article or two to illustrate how difficult it is to in fact try to gain some understanding of such a difficult language as Mandarin or Russian for that matter. here is a link to a blog of a English educator in China who is now fluent in mandarin, both speaking and writing. it took her almost two year in speaking and almost 4 in writing. Ben and I only have a semester, so it seems to be a little more challenging then some people realize. The other helpful thing, is on this website she broke down her method for how she became fluent and I will try to put some of those aspects into my study. keeping in mind, she was in China while she did this.
http://thelinguafranca.wordpress.com/2008/09/14/how-long-does-it-take-to-learn-fluent-mandarin/
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment