Thursday, April 23, 2009

How my tutoring went and what my homework is now:

my session with the tutor went really well. She quizzed me on colors, all the basic phrases I showed you on the first page of that packet and numbers 1-100. The thing with numbers in Chinese is that they are really quite easy, 1-10 are very simple. 11-20, is just any number 1-9 and add the word 10 after it. Then for all numbers after that, 21 would be er shi er. Which translates into 2 10 1 or 21. So, its actually kind of easy. I'm also beginning to learn the names of some basic animals as well. Like dog, cat, and the so forth. She also gave me a larger list of colors to know, seeing as how I only had to know 3 last time, so know I have a list of 10.

No comments: