Thursday, March 5, 2009

This short week and what I plan to do.

Due to really unforeseen circumstances, this week has been a little interesting. So, My goals for this week, while kind of limited will be no less the same as always. instead of focusing on speaking this week, im going to take a little detour and look into some of the cultural aspects and related subjects surrounding Mandarin culture. I took a page out of Ben's book and got some ipod lessons and thing of that nature. I also by a happy coincidence found some free music and I order some old martial arts movies that were made in China off Netflix. This will all allow me to absorb the various sounds and nuances while also having a little bit of fun with it as well. Here is the link to the BBC website that is my focal learning tool for the moment. Here is a like to address different generations in your family as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/chinese/real_chinese/work/
http://www.kwanfamily.info/familytitles/familytitle.html

I will also put up some various things from my ipod lessons too. So i can show "visible progress" of my learning. Right?

For next week: I will do much of course.

Figure out some way to get feed back from tutor on correction with regards to my pronunciation and my speaking in general. I Will take care of that end.

1 comment:

CMCEnglish said...

Have you mastered all the phrases from your 2/25 blog? I forgot to put the list in front of me during your presentation so I could quiz you :-)

Your plan is a good one--last week seemed to have been a rough week for you, little evidence of work; however, the resources you have coming in, the reconnection with the tutor, and the refocus on learning Mandarin--and ENJOYING it--are signs that you've put good things into place.