Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday's lesson and what I am doing.

Today's lesson is about getting in and how to deal with a street argument. kinda unique. Since I can not copy and paste directly, I will post the links like yesterday as well.

here is the pertinent vocabulary:
http://chinesepod.com/lessons/street-argument/vocabulary

here is the audio conversation:
http://chinesepod.com/lessons/street-argument/dialogue.

They also have exercises that you can do as well to strentheng your understanding, here's the link:
http://chinesepod.com/lessons/street-argument/exercises

1 comment:

CMCEnglish said...

Hi, MM,

I hear in your blogs that you feel you have been treated and graded unfairly. You are now doing more to show what you're learning--and I appreciate that!

A challenge has been that unfortunately, you've missed doing some blogs and been on other websites (or studying stats) or absent when I've spot checked. The blogs, conferences, and spot checks are all I have to go on. Both of the foreign language students this semester are required to have contact with a fluent speaker of the language. This should make you feel that things are more fair. If not, I'm sorry.

Henceforth, keep studying with due diligence and communicating that study via the blog and conferences, and the grades will come up, as they have already since the five-week mark. A good idea as we look toward the end (small sob) of the semester is to think about how to demonstrate how far you've come. Believe me, I do not underestimate the difficulty of the learning! The problem is that it's hard to see for myself how much you've actually mastered (which brings us back to the need for outside review). After you've begun to meet with your tutor again, I'll email her so that she can have input into your progress--this should help you!

However it may seem, I'm on your side and very much rooting for your success--and I need to see the evidence of your working toward that success. Keep sprinting until you're all the way across the finish line....